Issue with exim and auth protocol

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Wed Jul 30 21:32:49 UTC 2014

Could it be related to something in your dovecot configuration (which
you didn't post)?
Despite the fact that an interesting conversation is developing in the
exim bug report, this setup does usually work, including on one of your
servers as you have indicated. On my end, I never had issues between
dovecot 2.1.7 and 2.2.13, using the exact same authenticator config in exim.