[Dovecot] Disabling plus sign extension delimiter in lmtp listener (or userdb)

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Sun Jun 1 15:36:59 UTC 2014

Hi Axel

> This is probably related to the recipient_delimiter setting, which defaults
> to '+'.

Where is there such a setting in the dovecot config itself?

The postfix MTA knows of such a delimiter, but the MTA is not involved as I
connect directly to the dovecot LMTP service.

Or does dovecot somehow try to read the postfix config? That would not make
any sense.

I suppose the dovecot LMTP or userdb lookup code has some hardcoded 'feature'
threating + as a delimiter for userdb lookups, thus fails if + is not used as
such a delimiter.

-Benoit-