[Dovecot] list all emails from command line?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Jun 2 22:14:03 UTC 2014

This is not strictly Dovecot question, but a more general IMAP one.

I'm running a Dovecot server and have a user who is claiming that some
email sent to him, say, on 30 May, showed up in his mailbox on 02 Jun.

I've checked Postfix logs, and the message was correctly received on 30
May and passed to Dovecot.

A similar issue happens every few days.

This leaves me with two possibilities:

1) Dovecot is somehow not presenting the new mail to the user in a
"timely manner"

2) user's email program is broken

Therefore, I wanted to do some kind of "IMAP list" of the account, with
a command line tool:

- specify username, pass and server,

- the tool would return a list of all email in their folders (message
  ID, From, To, Date, Subject).

I would run it i.e. daily and this would let me verify when the mail was
really visible in the account.

Is anyone aware of a tool I could use to achieve that?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://www.sslrack.com