[Dovecot] General questions about TCP replication with dsync

Patrick De Zordo patrick at spamreducer.eu
Wed Jun 4 17:53:19 UTC 2014

Well, not so easy.. we are working on a productive server; this version ships as default for this distro..
I don't even know how to compile my own dovecot version..

> see
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/log?rev=replicator
>
> also you missed to attach your dove conf

Relevant config parts:
--- /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-mail.conf ---
---8<-----------------------------------------------------------------------
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins notify replication
---8<-----------------------------------------------------------------------

--- /etc/dovecot/conf.d/99-replication.conf ---
---8<-----------------------------------------------------------------------
service aggregator {
  fifo_listener replication-notify-fifo {
    mode = 0666
  }
  unix_listener replication-notify {
    mode = 0666
  }
}
service replicator {
  unix_listener replicator-doveadm {
    mode = 0600
  }
}
service doveadm {
  inet_listener {
    port = 999
  }
}
doveadm_password = secret
replication_max_conns = 1
plugin {
  mail_replica = tcp:server2.example.com:999
}

Thank you for any hint!