[Dovecot] Plugin mail-filter tangles

Stanislas SABATIER s.sabatier at pobox.com
Thu Jun 5 12:59:29 UTC 2014

Le 05/06/2014 14:06, Steffen Kaiser a écrit :
> If your observation are true, you cannot. I sligthly remember a
> discussion about a plugin, that changes the message content. Timo
> answered that with "that is not supported". Also, see:
>
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/MailFilter
>
> "(TODO: Modifying the mail during writing would be possible with some
> code changes.) " in first paragraph.
>
> Encrypting the message is "to modify the mail" IMHO.
>
> -- Steffen Kaiser
Hello Steffen,

I do encrypt/decrypt email on-the-fly for months now with the help of
mail-filter plugin.
It works perfectly as long as the decrypted email is exactly as it was
before it was encrypted, which is the case with my bespoke
encrypt/decrypt programs.
That is not the point I raised in this thread. The point is that, in a
specific circumstance, Dovecot is trying to read an email that has been
encrypted without having the user this email belongs to authenticated.

Regards,
Stan.