[Dovecot] General questions about TCP replication with dsync

James TD Smith ahktenzero+dovecot at mohorovi.cc
Thu Jun 5 15:33:54 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-04 19:53:19(+0200), Patrick De Zordo wrote:
> [...]

I have a similar setup and have been getting the same errors about
replicator-doveadm permissions on 2.2.12. I found this message in the list
archives which say's its not important

http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2013-April/089559.html

and suggests changing the permissions on the socket. The right permissions
would depend on which user(s) the doveadm-server process doing the sync is running
as. From your questions below it looks like you are using virtual users with the
vmail user owning the mailboxes, try

service replicator {
  unix_listener replicator-doveadm {
    mode = 0660
    group = vmail
  }
}

> > > 2. Question (much more important):
> > >
> > > We are using sieve scripts for our users, they are replicated to the
> > > replica-host but this errors appears in logs on every synchronized message:
> > >
> > > ---8<----------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > dsync-server(email at example.com): Error: Failed to access mailbox
> > > dovecot/sieve: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more
> > > information.
> > >
> > > dsync-server(email at example.com): Error:
> > > stat(/var/vmail/example.com/email/.dovecot.sieve/tmp) failed: Not a
> > > directory
> > >
> > > ---8<----------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > So what’s going on there?
> > >
> > > This is strange and should not be, right?
> > >
> > > Any hints?

It looks like it thinks the .dovecot.sieve file should be a Maildir. Are you
using the Maildir++ format for your mail stores? That uses "." as a separator
for mailbox names. You might want to try changing the "sieve" config option from
".dovecot.sieve" to something which doesn't contain dots and rename the files to
match.

James

--
}-<James TD Smith>-<email/ahktenzero at mohorovi.cc>-{