[Dovecot] director with multiple instances

Will Yardley dovecot.org at veggiechinese.net
Thu Jun 5 18:09:51 UTC 2014

So, going to latest 2.2 RPM from ATRPMs does seem to fix the problem
(that is, the same config works as expected).

So, my question then is, in terms of indices, dovecot-uidlist, etc., is
it safe to move from Dovecot 1.0.7 directly to 2.2.10?

Also, even if I put:
doveadm_socket_path = localhost:8889
in, or even if I add this to the main (non-director) instance's config
(to presumably disable the director-admin socket):

service director {
  unix_listener director-admin {
    group =
    mode = 00
    user =
  }
}

I get:
[root at retr01 ~]# doveadm director  status
doveadm(root): Fatal: net_connect_unix(/var/run/dovecot-main/director-admin) failed: Connection refused

Specifying the socket explicitly does give the expected results:

[root at retr01 ~]# doveadm director  status -a /var/run/dovecot-director/director-admin
mail server ip vhosts                                          users
192.168.1.71      100                                              1
[....]

Default dovecot.conf (/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf) is a symlink to the
*director* instance's config, and I tried even with doveadm_socket_path
set to localhost:8889 in both configs so I'm not sure why it's looking
for the main instance's socket. The comments in the config file seem to
indicate that host:port is acceptable rather than a local socket.