[Dovecot] Running dovecot under Cygwin

Manolis Spanakis espa at hol.gr
Fri Jun 6 15:19:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

In http://wiki2.dovecot.org/DovecotFeatures I found the following statement regarding devcot support of cygwin:
Cygwin works after a few code changes, but doesn't support SCM_RIGHTS

I downloaded "dovecot-2.2.13.tar.gr" and tried to compile it under cygwin version 1.7.30 (0.272/5/3) CYGWIN_NT-6.3-WOW642.580 (32-bit).

As I executed the:
$./configure
I got the following error:
error: fd passing is required for Dovecot to work

If I bypass this error by changing "configure" I get no other errors either in "configure" or "make".
It seems that
"src/lib/fdpass.c"
 is the only library incompatible with cygwin.
Is there any file version available that provides a solution?

Thank you in advance,

Manolis Spanakis