Subject tag [Dovecot] is gone

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jun 13 10:17:00 UTC 2014

Am 13.06.2014 12:09, schrieb Nick Edwards:
> On 6/11/14, Jost Krieger <Jost.Krieger+dovecot at rub.de> wrote:
>> On Wed Jun 11 12:03:24 2014, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>>> Cisco routers by default mangle DNS traffic, break zone transfers
>>> or even put befor all CNAME blocks a $TTL 0 line never appeared
>>> on the master until you disable DNS ALG for UDP and TCP
>>
>> I believe that Cisco equipment will do such things, but I doubt it's the
>> routers. Unless you plug a firewall card in.
>>

> think he means junk like PIX, I've never seen a 7200, 7300, 10K, or
> any ASR do that

http://www.2mul.com/c/en/us/products/routers/2921-integrated-services-router-isr/index.html

and even the small Cisco 6 years ago supplied by our ISP
did the same - most likely you just don't realize it if
you are not hoster of public nameservers and have one of
them in front of and one behind the NAT