Accessing a user mailbox from another user

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Tue Jun 17 10:42:54 UTC 2014

Hello,

	I'm looking for something maybe similar to master password but for
final users and I don't know if there is already a way I could do it
with dovecot.

	I have accounts that are used by a set of users who know their
password. But I now want to remove this shared password and the users
has to access to this shared account with their own password.

	Using shared folders is not an option (at least, not the first option)
because of the behaviour our users are familiar with, such as:

* They have and manage different sieve filters for the account
* They have thier own Sent, Drafts, SPAM... for this shared account and
their email client recognizes them as it (because they have its own
account).

	What I'm looking for is something similar to master password, but for a
user identifying as another regular user, not the "master" one. Do you
know if there already is a way to configure a similar behaviour?

	I'm planning to configure an user and authentication backend (maybe
pam) that gets users as <realuser>$<finaluser> and the realuser
password, checks if <realuser> should access to <finaluser> and then
returns <finaluser> mail location to dovecot.

	Any idea?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática