Procmail wiki text -- don't muck with SENDMAIL

era eriksson era+dovecot at iki.fi
Mon Jun 16 13:25:01 UTC 2014

I tried to edit http://wiki2.dovecot.org/procmail but got stuck on the
TextCha.  Approaching this list instead seems to be a time-tested secondary
approach, and I wasn't completely comfortable making these changes without
discussion anyway.  So here goes.

The SENDMAIL= assignment is not only irrelevant, but actually wrong.  The
note down in the update section about Ubuntu explains the problem well
enough, but it applies to all the sections on the page.

My proposed edit was to simply remove SENDMAIL and SENDMAILFLAGS from all
the recipes on the page, and then remove the Ubuntu section altogether,
because it would no longer add anything useful to the page.

If somebody in the Dovecot community with edit access to the wiki wants to
implement this change, I would be grateful on behalf of the people who try
to use Procmail with Dovecot.

--
If this were my real .signature, it would suck less.  Well, maybe not.