Dovecot authentication against active directory

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Mon Jun 23 16:54:41 UTC 2014

Hi ,

> My dovecot-ldap.conf:
>

> hosts = **************
> dn = CN=*****,OU=*****,OU=*****,OU=*****,DC=******,DC=*****,DC=de
> dnpass = ****************
> tls = no
> debug_level = -1
> ldap_version = 2
> base = OU=*****,DC=*****,DC=*****,DC=de
> deref = never
> scope = subtree
> user_attrs = sAMAccountName=home
> user_filter = (&(ObjectClass=user)(|(mail=%u)(sAMAccountName=%u)))
> pass_filter = (&(ObjectClass=user)(sAMAccountName=%u))
> default_pass_scheme = plain

I could be wrong, but I think you must have TLS to connect to AD.

sAMAccountName, at least in cases I am familiar with, does not match a
full email address, try %n instead of %u, or filter on userPrincipal
instead.  do you have a mail attribute in your active directory?  I
would suggest start by getting it working with just the sAMAccountName
in your user/pass_filter lines, then flesh out your filters after you
have that working...