[Dovecot] Tracking logins

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Mar 2 23:12:43 UTC 2014

Am 03.03.2014 00:06, schrieb Alex:
> I'm using dovecot-2.1.17 on fc18

FC18 is EOL and it is unacceptable running a operating
system with no security updates as mailserver

 and wondered if there is some
> mechanism, perhaps a database,  that can store the logins/logouts for
> each user? I realize there's something already logged to syslog, but
> I'd like more of a history.
>
> While lastlog is great for users that actually login, my dovecot users
> don't login, just check email via pop and imap

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ yum info rsyslog-mysql
Geladene Plugins: etckeeper, protectbase, tsflags
0 packages excluded due to repository protections
Installierte Pakete
Name       : rsyslog-mysql
Architektur : x86_64
Version    : 7.4.8
Ausgabe    : 1.fc20
Größe : 16 k
Quelle      : installed
Zusammenfassung: MySQL support for rsyslog
URL        : http://www.rsyslog.com/
Lizenz      : (GPLv3+ and ASL 2.0)
Beschreibung: The rsyslog-mysql package contains a dynamic shared object that will add
            : MySQL database support to rsyslog.

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -q dovecot
dovecot-2.2.12-2.fc20.20140214.rh.x86_64