[Dovecot] maildir quota divergence

Juan Carlos Sanchez juancarlos.sanchez at upm.es
Mon Mar 3 13:05:30 UTC 2014

Finally have found there is no divergence really.
We are using zlib to compress mail, so the difference comes from that,
as doveadm is calculating quotas with the original size of messages
while  system commands see the "real" compressed size.

Best regards.

El 27/02/2014 14:27, Juan Carlos Sanchez escribió:
> An addition.
> It might be related to a recent upgrade from 2.0 branch to 2.1.17
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> El 27/02/2014 14:12, Juan Carlos Sanchez escribió:
>> Hello;
>>
>> We are using maildir quotas and have found differences in many users
>> in respect to what system command are showing and doveadm quotas.
>>
>> For example, four user test, we have:
>>
>> doveadm quota get -u test
>> Quota name Type    Value
>> Limit                                                        %
>>            STORAGE 98066
>> 102400                                                       95
>>            MESSAGE   883
>> -                                                        0
>>
>> But if we check user mail_location with "du" system command we get he
>> is using 70458 Kb.
>>
>> We are running dovecot 2.1.17
>>
>> ¿any clue?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Juan Carlos Sanchez Hernandez
Responsable de  Seguridad y Correo Electronico
Servicio de Planificacion Informatica y Comunicaciones
Universidad Politecnica de Madrid
Rectorado
Avda. Ramiro de Maeztu 7
28040 Madrid