[Dovecot] Shared Namespace and correct location

Dieter Knopf dieterknopf at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 4 12:48:36 UTC 2014

Hello again,

i still have problems using a Shared Namespace in my configuration.

I'm using Dovecot 2.2.9.

mail_location =
maildir:/home/vmail/%d/%n/MAILDIR:INDEX=/home/vmail/%d/%n/INDEX/

namespace inbox {
  type = private
  separator = /
  prefix =
  inbox = yes
}

This works create.

But:
namespace {
  type = shared
  separator = /
  prefix = shared/%%u/
  location =
maildir:/home/vmail/%%d/%%u/MAILDIR/shared:INDEX=/home/vmail/%d/%u/INDEXS/%%u
  subscriptions = no
  list = children
}

I'm still not sure how i can see a shared mailbox on a different account. I
can add ACL rules and dovecot is adding SQL-Entries to the user-shares
table. The dovecot-acl-list file is created too, hope
this is okay (vfile + SQL)

But i can't see the shared folder on the target account.

I tried many location-pathes, but not sure how i can add the right folder.
There must be a problem with %%d and %%u.

Thank you very much,
    Dieter