[Dovecot] Bounce messages

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-brs.de
Thu Mar 6 08:27:35 UTC 2014

On Thu, 6 Mar 2014, Thanh Long DANG wrote:

> I just set up my mail server using postfix / dovecot / mysql and it
> works well. I just have a problem : I'm a trying to have a overquota
> notification and the server sends nothing (mail server rejects incoming
> mail).

What do you mean with "the server sends nothing" Which server should send
what? And should the mail _not_ reject incoming mail, if the user is over
quota?

If you mean: /usr/local/bin/quota-warning.sh is executed, but postfix does
not deliver the warning, because the user is overquota; then you need to
make the script deliver the message in alternate ways:

a) use Dovecot deliver directly with quota disabled
b) spool the message into Maildir directly

> Could you tell me if there is a problem with dovecot or postfix configuration?

postfix+quota config usually contain a quota-status section, like
described here (German, but the code snippets are significant):
http://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/04/05/dovecot-quota-mit-postfix-abfragen/

- --
Steffen Kaiser