[Dovecot] Still no emails since Feb. 6

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu Mar 6 12:30:07 UTC 2014

On 3/6/2014 6:03 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 05.03.2014 21:37, schrieb Eugene R:
>> Got access denied for direct mail:
>> <campbell at cnpapers.com>: host mailserver2.cnpapers.net[216.12.119.162] said:
>>     550 5.7.1 Access denied (in reply to MAIL FROM command)
>>
>> Well, this is now really off-topic for the list (local config error). Sorry to bother people
> and now the OP should seek his maillog for "Access denied" rejects
> and asks himself why a public MX acts that wrong

Thanks all for the help. That IP was placed in my firewall, not sure when.

Public MX's don't necessarily guarantee that what's coming from them are OK.

My maillog is so full of rejects and without knowing what IP I should
look for, it was difficult to find out what was going on.

Anyway, we'll see what happens now.