[Dovecot] Public Namespace and INBOX

Thu Mar 6 13:26:57 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 11:49:07AM +0100, Dieter Knopf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i added a existing MAILDIR as a Public Namespace and i can subscribe to
> this Namespace without a problem.
>
> I can access every folder except the INBOX. Thunderbird just shows a GREY
> "INBOX".

This is a symptom of a folder not existing, but folders beneath it
existing. For example, I filter Debian Bug mails into
INBOX\Bugs\$BugNumber. There is no INBOX\Bugs folder, so it shows up
greyed.

If you have a greyed out INBOX, then either you've made a mistake in
your config or perhaps there's an issue with the mailbox itself. Can you
access the maildir as a private namespace?