[Dovecot] How to run a program with mail_filter plugin

Stanislas SABATIER s.sabatier at pobox.com
Fri Mar 7 12:15:12 UTC 2014

Hi,
I'm using mail_filter plugin but I don't want it to launch a script but a
program I wrote instead.

In 10-master, if I put the absolute path to my program in the plugin
settings ie :
(…)
service mail-filter {
 executable = /usr/local/bin/mail/my_email_filter
(…)

​But I've got the following error from Dovecot :
dovecot: master: Error: service(mail-filter): Initial status notification
not received in 30 seconds, killing the process​

​ow do I need to configure the service to launch my program ?

Thanks,
Regards,
Stan.​

Stanislas SABATIER