[Dovecot] Error configuring dovecot instance as proxy

Balamurugan Ramasamy balamurugan.rama at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 15:44:24 UTC 2014

Hi All

I follwed the steps in the below url to configure a dovecot proxy instance.
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/ExtraFields/Proxy

I created a new file '95-test.conf' in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/ location. and
put the below lines in that file.
proxy=yes
host=****
port=143
nopassword=yes

However I am getting the following when starting the serice. I tried
'proxy' and 'proxy_maybe' entries, and they both failed.
doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file
/etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-auth.conf line 11: Unknown setting: proxy

Could anyone help me how i can resolve this?

Thanks
Bala