[Dovecot] Turning on autocreate of maildirs - how?

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Tue Mar 11 19:00:39 UTC 2014

On 11/03/14 17:41, Graham Leggett wrote:
> On 11 Mar 2014, at 7:32 PM, Graham Leggett <minfrin at sharp.fm> wrote:
>
>> Giving the different prefix a try on a test account, a mailbox directory is created, but the rest of the maidir directories (new, cur, tmp) aren't created, and the error below is returned.
>>
>> The key is the message "Error: user test at sharp.fm: Initialization failed: namespace configuration error: There can be only one namespace with inbox=yes"
> This is somewhat of a moot point - the addition of maildir: breaks maildrop:
>
> Mar 11 17:35:36 monica postfix/pipe[25561]: 10E29804B4: to=<test at sharp.fm>, relay=maildrop, delay=0.21, delays=0.15/0.02/0/0.03, dsn=4.3.0, status
> =deferred (temporary failure. Command output: /usr/bin/maildrop: Unable to change to home directory. )
>
> Is there a way to get dovecot autocreate to work without fiddling with the paths? For example, declare a global maildir default?
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> --
I have 15-mailboxes.conf  where there are statements

auto=create
or
auto=subscribe

commented out inside namespace segments.  It is where all the special
use mailboxes get defined.  I think the default is probably no - I can
create folders with thunderbird specifically, but I don't think it is
creating them automatically.   I have auto = create within my special
use mailboxes, and they did get created automatically when I needed them
(I was deleting Trash for instance, but it sprung back after I had done
that when it was next needed.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk