[Dovecot] Can I create multiple sockets and listen on them in parallel.

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Tue Mar 11 19:10:30 UTC 2014

I currently have a setup which is postfix -> dovecot via lmtp over a
unix socket.  The socket is located at
/var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp

I am calling dspam as a milter from postfix.

However I am struggling with getting dspam knowing the correct user for
the incoming mail, because after its been through the milter, the
virtual alias maps etc end up turning it into my "dovecot" user name,
and the two are not easily comparable.

So instead I want to try and set up postfix->dspam->dovecot

But I want to take it in easy stages, and therefore ideally would like
to set up dovecot to listen on two sockets simultenously = one for the
existing connection from postfix, and one for the future connection from
dspam - preferably in the context of the /var/spool/dspam or
/var/lib/dovecot directories

That way I can continue to receive existing mail whilst sending a few
test mails through dspam.

Does 10-master.conf config file work that way? (debian configuration)

can I change something like this ...

service lmtp {
   unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
     mode = 0600
     group = postfix
     user = postfix
   }
}

into this ...

service lmtp {
   unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
     mode = 0600
     group = postfix
     user = postfix
   }
   unix_listener /var/spool/dspam/dovecot-lmtp {
     mode = 0600
     group = dspam
     user = dspam
   }