[Dovecot] Can I create multiple sockets and listen on them in parallel.

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Tue Mar 11 20:08:28 UTC 2014

On 11/03/14 20:03, Gedalya wrote:
> Just do it and see what happens. Looks OK to me..
> Actually I just fearlessly dared to paste your proposed config snippet
> into my dovecot config and it didn't blow up and it did create two
> sockets, so I assume they would both work.
>

> On 03/11/2014 03:10 PM, Alan Chandler wrote:
>> service lmtp {
>>   unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
>>     mode = 0600
>>     group = postfix
>>     user = postfix
>>   }
>>   unix_listener /var/spool/dspam/dovecot-lmtp {
>>     mode = 0600
>>     group = dspam
>>     user = dspam
>>   }
>>
>> }
>>
>> and still have dovecot work?

Actually I figured I could do it quickly, and if dovecot stopped working
I could revert back.

So I took the plunge, and yes it still seems to be working and yes It
created two sockets.  Don't know if they both work yet, but the first
one does and the second is definitely there.

Thanks for daring for me.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk