[Dovecot] versioning of mailbox index files

morrison morrisonli at 126.com
Mon Mar 17 21:58:47 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am wondering if dovecot assigns version information in mailbox index files so that by which version of dovecot the index files are created can be determined.

Our existing mail service used dovecot 2.2.4 with lots of active mail users. When upgraded to 2.2.10, imap processes aborted all the time due to the corrupted index files (the problem was fixed in dovecot 2.2.5). After investigation, I found that this annoying problem could be avoid by deleting index files before opening a mailbox. Now the problem is how I could know if the index files are created by a version newer than 2.2.4.

Thanks,

Morrison