[Dovecot] Using a Sieve script to handle delivery to public mailboxes

Alessandro Menti alessandro.menti at hotmail.it
Wed Mar 19 15:09:17 UTC 2014

Il 19/03/2014 08:15, Steffen Kaiser ha scritto:
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2014, Steffen Kaiser wrote:
>
>> IMHO, the behaviour matches your config.
>
> If my assumption in my previous message is correct, you will have some
>
> a) have UserDB return "mail",
> b) make mail_location depend on home via ~
> c) create a symlink default location -> public
> d) forward office to some other user where you use
> "fileinto Public/office"
> e) ...
>
> -- Steffen Kaiser

Thanks - I mistakenly thought for some unknown reason that returning
just "home" from the UserDB query had effect on the user's mail location
as well.

I added a "mail" column to the database tables and edited the
userdb_query to make it return "user" as well - now everything is fine.

Thank you very much again for your help!
Alessandro Menti
--
A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much for a drink.
The bartender replies "for you, no charge".