[Dovecot] Getting second quota limit out of database

dev at stean.ch dev at stean.ch
Tue Mar 25 06:47:43 UTC 2014

Hello there,

I am working with dovecot v2.2.12, and have setup a user and domain
quota by using a quota/quota_rule for user and quota2/quota2_rule for
the domain.

This works fine when the limit configuration for both is stored inside
dovecot configuration files. However, I would like to have the limits
configurable on a user and domain base, and that data is stored inside
my SQL database.

Getting the user quota out of a database with SQL works fine, as documented
with "SELECT whatever AS quota_rule FROM mytable", I extended my query
to return quota2_rule too, but dovecot did not really do something with
that value in the end, the domain limit was set to 0, as visible through
the logs and with doveadm quota get ...

Any idea or hint how I could get dovecot to read the limit for the domains
out of my SQL database ?

Thanks, Stephan