[Dovecot] pb with setting quota_rule=backend quota=fs for quota-warning

marion marion at lmpa.univ-littoral.fr
Tue Mar 25 21:11:36 UTC 2014

Hello

my config is debian wheezy with dovecot v.2.1.17-2.,
plugin quota /imap_quota is ok : I can read the real filesystem user quota for each different user with
	- doveadmin quota get
	- thunderbird
	- SOGo

my problem is to configure quota-warning message :

1) if no quota_rule is defined then my dovecot-debug.log looks like
Mar 25 18:28:02 imap(testuser): Debug:Quota warning: bytes=0 (80%) messages=0  ...

2) As soon as I set  quota_rule = *:storage=1G    , quota root is correctly
defined, and quota-warning messages are sent according to the ratio I defined (cf below 90-quota.conf)
with THIS limit (1G) , the same for all users and that’s not what I expect when I set individual quota...

3)And If define something like:
	quota_rule = * : backend  (or backend=%q or …)  dovecot  definitively hangs with

a) doveadm quota get -u testuser
doveadm(testuser): Error: user testuser: Initialization failed: Failed to initialize quota: Invalid quota root quota: Invalid rule *:backend: Unknown rule limit name: backend
b) even my login in SOGo hangs /var/mail/mail.err
Mar 25 21:56:22 biwa dovecot: imap(testuser): Error: user testuser: Initialization failed: Failed to initialize quota: Invalid quota root quota: Invalid rule *:backend: Unknown rule limit name: backend

Is there a way ( a variable ?) to link the real filesystem quota limit with the quota_warning process ? …
something like quota_rule = *:storage=%VAR ?

90-quota.conf
-------------------
plugin {
  quota_warning = storage=80%% quota-warning 80 %u
  quota_warning2 = storage=90%% quota-warning 90 %u
}

plugin {
  quota =fs
}

service quota-warning {
  executable = script /etc/dovecot/myconfig/quota-warning.sh
  unix_listener quota-warning {
    mode =0666
  }
}