[Dovecot] Connection refused userdb lookup ..dovecot/auth-userdb

Wed Mar 26 11:01:44 UTC 2014

On 3/25/2014 4:08 PM, Simon <greminn at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 12:15 AM, Charles Marcus
> <CMarcus at media-brokers.com>wrote:
>> On 3/24/2014 7:10 PM, Simon <greminn at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Mar 13 09:55:44 vmail1 dovecot: lda: Error: userdb lookup:
>>> connect(/usr/local/dovecot/var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb) failed:
>>> Connection refused

>> So, your SQL userdb is refusing connections from dovecot...
>>
>> Fix this...

> Thanks Charles, I have looked into this and tried to fix permissions but
> still have the same issue. I have tried changing the permissions on the
> auth-userdb to 0666 (see below) as well as setting the permissions of
> /usr/local/dovecot/var/run/dovecot/ to 777 just for testing.

You misunderstood...

I didn't say the filesystem permissions were wrong.

Your SQL SERVER is refusing the connection.

The user (vmail) you are using to connect to the SQL server doesn't have
permission to talk to it.

This needs to be fixed IN THE SQL SERVER ACCESS PERMISSIONS for the
'vmail' user.

--

Best regards,

Charles