[Dovecot] still issues with metadata support

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Mon Mar 31 06:30:30 UTC 2014

On Monday 31 March 2014 08:09:20 A.L.E.C wrote:
> On 03/30/2014 10:28 PM, Mihai Badici wrote:
> > 01 getmetadata "*" (/private/kolab/activesync)
> > * METADATA Default (/private/kolab/activesync NIL)
> > * METADATA Contacts (/private/kolab/activesync NIL)
> > * METADATA Calendar (/private/kolab/activesync NIL)
> > * METADATA Trash (/private/kolab/activesync NIL)
> > * METADATA INBOX (/private/kolab/activesync NIL)
>
> BTW, I think it would be better if the response would just skip folders
> with NIL data. I didn't check if it is specified in RFC.

In this case the request in incorrect ( /private/kolab/activesync), should be
/private/vendor/kolab/activesync) but I think you right.
I just typed a "random" name in IMAP session to see if it enumerate folders.

At the end, I have no fully functional ActiveSync installation with dovecot
2.2.12 ( the old metadata plugin works in previous installations, 2.2.4 for
example) - so should be more problems.

But this issue it's really strange - and because it appears on the newest
operating system we can expect to  have it in the future also on other
systems.
--
Mihai Bădici
http://mihai.badici.ro