[Dovecot] LMTP error

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu May 1 17:48:22 UTC 2014

Am 01.05.2014 19:43, schrieb IT geek 31:
> On 1 May 2014 19:41, Reindl Harald:
>
>     that you are working with unix-accounts and the root uid 0
>     is prohibited for (good) saftey reasons
>
> Okay, that sounds good.  How do I deliver mail to the root account then, and stop this error/warning/message?  As
> mails are now backing up in the queue and cannot be delivered...

keep your responses on the list!

* set a alias on the postfix side to another mail-address
* that way dovecot never see the root-address as destination
* use "postsuper -d queue_id" to kill the messages from the queue

cat /etc/aliases | grep root
# Person who should get root's mail
root:           h.reindl at thelounge.net

don't forget calling "newaliases" after changes in that file
if you have implemented aliases on postfix in a different way
follow the documentation