[Dovecot] Dsyncing mail in director setup

Murray Trainer mtrainer at cloud-free.com
Mon May 5 05:01:34 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I have a pair of dovecot director proxies and six dovecot backend mailstores
using NFS v4.1 to access five filesystems on EMC VNX NFS storage.  This is
all working fine until I try and dsync new email mailboxes via one of the
mailstores onto the NFS storage.  I get major NFS lockups at random on one
or more of the mailstores with none of the NFS mounts accessible on one or
more of the mailstores.  I am getting our storage guy to look into it to see
if it is just a performance issue.   I can understand there may be locking
issues but I wouldn't have thought it would have this effect.  I also
wonderif there is a better way to run dsync so it handle writing to NFS?
Maybe passing it some of the nfs related dovecot options?

Thanks

Murray