[Dovecot] CONTEXT=SORT

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 5 11:21:03 UTC 2014

On 3.5.2014, at 8.51, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org> wrote:

> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>:
>
>> 5 UID SORT RETURN (PARTIAL 1:10) (SUBJECT) UTF-8 UNDELETED
>> * ESEARCH (TAG "5") UID PARTIAL (1:10 NIL)
>> 5 OK Sort completed (0.000 secs).
>
> Well duh.  Maybe I should actually look at the results.  This is obviously wrong (this mailbox has 13 undeleted messages, so NIL is not a proper return).
>
> ...although PARTIAL limiting for SEARCH doesn't work either:
>
> 4 UID SEARCH RETURN (PARTIAL 1:10) UNDELETED
> * ESEARCH (TAG "4") UID PARTIAL (1:10 NIL)
> 4 OK Search completed (0.000 secs).

Ugh. This was slightly broken in earlier versions, but in v2.2.11 I broke it completely by misunderstanding what it was supposed to do. And after now fixing it nicely for SEARCH PARTIAL I realize that it's again broken for SORT PARTIAL. So, back to the original code with the correct minor fix..: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/32b6a95c95cc

I also updated imaptest to check for the SEARCH PARTIAL.

Oh and the reason why CONTEXT=SORT isn't advertised is because SORT RETURN (UPDATE) doesn't work.