[Dovecot] Status of sieve-extdata?

Jiri Bourek bourek at thinline.cz
Tue May 6 11:01:05 UTC 2014

> It is not dead, but I haven't seen much interest for it either.

Well I was thinking about switching from dovecot-lda to LMTP and use the
extdata plugin to check whether the message should go through spamc (via
extprograms filter extension). All that in sieve_before script

That proved problematic though. Sieve is unable to use pgsql as data
source, so I needed to go for proxy which in turn needed to make dict
socket world writable (out of curiosity, is there a way to run second
dict service with different dictionaries?)

After some more testing I found out that I'm unable to come up with
working dictionary definition - username_field passes username as one
value (whereas I have user and domain parts in different tables.) Tried
using the fields {} section but that seems unusable as well, because
extdata uses priv/something pattern and fields section requires you to
use $variable which is - I assume - taken from pattern like this:
priv/something/$variable

(I may be mistaken here, as hard as I tried, I was unable to find any
documentation on how that map {} definition should look like)

Anyway, I already have some scripts that convert sieve settings stored
in database into .dovecot.sieve file so I'll take care of running spamc
this way

> Anyway, I quickly made a v0.4 version:
>
> http://hg.rename-it.nl/pigeonhole-0.4-sieve-extdata/

Thank you very much, sorry I won't use it in the end.