[Dovecot] Status of sieve-extdata?

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue May 6 12:13:01 UTC 2014

Jiri Bourek schreef op 6-5-2014 13:29:

>> This is another, much more powerful option:
>>
>> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Plugins/Extprograms
>
> I know, I was about to use this plugin in any case - specifically the
> vnd.dovecot.filter. The difference is that with extdata I could put
> the filter call into separate script and call that script as
> sieve_before (thus setting it globally for every user on the server
> with extdata deciding if the filter call should be done)

You can use the vnd.dovecot.execute  extension to achieve pretty much
the same as extdata, e.g. calling a shell script that use command line
database query tools such as pgsql, msql or ldapsearch. Be careful with
passing parameters though.

Also, the extprograms plugin can be used in global context without problems.

Regards,

Stephan.