[Dovecot] Migrate from LDA to LMTP

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Fri May 9 06:59:54 UTC 2014

Il 08/05/2014 23:35, Jiri Bourek ha scritto:
> On 8.5.2014 17:27, Rick Romero wrote:
>>   Quoting Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:

>> release

>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qmail
>>>
>>> Stable release         1.03 / June 15, 1998Preview release netqmail
>> 1.06
>>> / November 11, 2007
>>
>> Obviously you didn't see my "So There".  Your argument is invalid.
>
> Well the "better than whatever you're using" part is somewhat doubtful.
> I had the opportunity to compare qmail and Postfix on a server with
> identical functionality and user base. Standard qmail setup (tcpserver -
> rblsmtpd - qmail-smtpd - qmail-qfilter) choked badly on million+
> incoming connections per day (most of that being spam outbreak rejected
> by rblsmtpd, i.e. qmail-smtpd was never invoked)

I'm running an installation with the inverse situation, qmail works fine
under pressure and postfix not.

I think that is only a "tuning/configuration" problem. I'm very familiar
with qmail and not with postfix, so for me is more simple to work with
qmail.

If you are familiar with postfix, postfix will works better for you, if
you are familiar with qmail you will install qmail.

Ciao
--
Alessio Cecchi is:
@ ILS -> http://www.linux.it/~alessice/