[Dovecot] v2.2.13.rc1 released - signal 11, Segmentation fault. in mail_cache_header_fields_read ()

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri May 9 13:27:26 UTC 2014

On 9.5.2014, at 13.35, Maciej Uhlig <maciej.uhlig at us.edu.pl> wrote:

> Timo Sirainen - 2014-05-08 17:37:
>> There have been a ton of smaller and some larger changes since v2.2.12, so I thought I'd first make a RC release and the final v2.2.13 tomorrow. Please try it out!
>
> Actually there were seven identical segfaults for the same user in three minutes:

> #0  0x00007f54dc1da4c5 in mail_cache_header_fields_read () from /usr/local/dovecot-2.2.13.rc1/lib/dovecot/libdovecot-storage.so.0

I thought this was fixed already, but I guess not. It would be helpful if you could either

a) Enable debug symbols so the backtrace would show exactly where it crashes

and/or

b) Send me the user's dovecot.index* files so I can try to reproduce the crash. (The .cache file may contain some cached headers and such, so might be problematic.) This probably isn't INBOX but some other folder that crashes.

Anyway, the problem is that the dovecot.index.cache file is somewhat broken. Deleting it will fix the crashes.