[Dovecot] RFE: please add mail queue id to 'sent vacation response' log line

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue May 13 12:01:44 UTC 2014

Am 13.05.2014 13:55, schrieb Maciej Uhlig:
> Reindl Harald - 2014-05-13 13:30:
>> * from where do you think dovecot-lmtpd shoukd get the MTA's queue id?
>
> AFAICS dovecot sieve plugin is able to send mail (vacation response,
> forward mail) via SMTP MTA

you stripped the relevant part of my response

yes, it sends a *NEW* message via the MTA

but that don't change the fact the dovecot don't know
the queue id of the *original* message received by
the MTA

think again about the real mail-flow:

* the MTA receives and queues the message
* then the message is sent via LMTP from the MTA to dovecot LMTP
* from where do you think dovecot-lmtpd shoukd get the MTA's queue id?