[Dovecot] RFE: please add Return-Path: to sieve sent mail headers

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue May 13 19:00:44 UTC 2014

Am 13.05.2014 19:58, schrieb Maciej Uhlig:
> May I ask to add Return-Path: some meaningful header line to sieve sent
> mail headers in vacation message? Now the header line isn't generated at
> all and the effect is as follows:
>
> on receiving MTA:
>
> 2014-05-09T15:04:32+02:00 host/ip postfix/qmgr[2408]: 41F2F6024E:
> from=<>, size=900, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
>
> in received mail body:

which is correct

> Would be nice to get:

> Copy of From: header line could be sufficient

which is completly insane in case you don't log every
single vacation and stop after the first one to the
same address

guess what happens if two persons have a vacation
resonder at the same time and one of them sends
a mail - the faster server with more storage will
win that battle

may i ask to read some RFC's and consider the
impact of sloppy proposals if one would make
them real?