[Dovecot] RFE: please add Return-Path: to sieve sent mail headers

Wed May 14 10:27:19 UTC 2014

On 5/13/2014 3:02 PM, Stephan Bosch <stephan at rename-it.nl> wrote:
> If you know what you are doing (think twice about that!), you can
> override this behavior using the sieve_vacation_send_from_recipient
> setting (if your Pigeonhole is recent enough):
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Extensions/Vacation#Configuration
> Regards, Stephan.

Just be sure you understand why...

I recommend you read the pertinent RFC which explains the reasoning as
to why the null sender is recommended, and if you are going to use
another/real address, only use one that will never auto-respond to
*anything*:

Specifically:

    The primary purpose of the MAIL FROM address is to serve as the
    destination for delivery status messages and other automatic
    an automatic response, and the responder is not interested in
    delivery status messages, a MAIL FROM address of <> MAY be used for
    this purpose.  A MAIL FROM address which is specifically chosen for
    the purpose of sending automatic responses, and which will not
    automatically respond to any message sent to it, MAY be used instead
    of <>.

--

Best regards,

Charles