[Dovecot] imapc problem

FUSTE Emmanuel emmanuel.fuste at thalesgroup.com
Wed May 14 12:54:06 UTC 2014

Le 13/05/2014 19:28, FUSTE Emmanuel a écrit :
> hello,
>
> I have some trouble when trying to migrate from another imap server to
> dovecot with imapc/dsync/doveadm.
>
> when running "doveadm -o imapc_user=foo -o imapc_password=bar backup -R
> -u localuser imapc:" all is ok.
>
> But when running "doveadm -o imapc_user=foo -o imapc_password=bar sync
> -R -u localuser imapc:", all local mods are overwritten. For example
> deleting a message or moving it to trash and it reappear in INBOX (and
> disappear from trash if moved there).
> If I try without the reverse flag "-R", local delete reappear two times
> after two or more sync.
> If I try without the reverse flag "-R", a message moved to trash is
> propagated to trash too, but reappear as many times as you "sync" on the
> two sides in the INBOX.
> With other users, first "backup -R"  is ok but on next sync or backup
> try, I get :
>
> dsync(other_user): Error: Mailbox INBOX sync: mailbox_delete failed: INBOX can't be deleted.
>

> Other IMAP server is CriticalPath 8.5.137.
>
> Any clue ??
>
> Emmanuel.
>
> Dovecot conf :
>
>    2.2.12.12 (03196f188677+): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
> # OS: Linux 3.11.0-19-generic x86_64 Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
> auth_master_user_separator = *
> auth_username_format = %u
> disable_plaintext_auth = no
> doveadm_password = ****************
> imapc_features = rfc822.size fetch-headers
> imapc_host = my_old_imap_server
> imapc_user = %u
> lda_mailbox_autocreate = yes
> listen = *
> mail_gid = vmail
> mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir
> mail_plugins = quota notify replication
> mail_prefetch_count = 20
> mail_uid = vmail
> managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
> managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date ihave
> namespace {
>     hidden = no
>     inbox = yes
>     list = yes
>     location =
>     prefix =
>     separator = /
>     subscriptions = yes
>     type = private
> }
> namespace {
>     hidden = no
>     inbox = no
>     list = children
>     location = maildir:%%h/Maildir:INDEXPVT=~/Maildir/shared/%%u
>     prefix = shared/%%u/
>     separator = /
>     subscriptions = no
>     type = shared
> }
> passdb {
>     args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-master-ldap.conf.ext
>     driver = ldap
> [...]

Some news:
I tried many things, switching to sdbox, not using "imapc_features =
rfc822.size fetch-headers", disabling useless options for a simple test
setup etc... with no luck.
I switched to isync/mbsync with success in imap to imap mode, syncing
all mailboxes/expunge/mailbox creation for each user.

It would be great if dovecot/imapc could be fixed to do it natively.
Please tell me if I could help: logs, tests, etc...

Emmanuel.