[Dovecot] RFE: please add Return-Path: to sieve sent mail headers

Sat May 17 11:14:17 UTC 2014

On 5/16/2014 3:03 PM, Oscar del Rio <delrio at mie.utoronto.ca> wrote:
> Unfortunately, many servers out there reject emails with NULL sender.

Unfortunately, there are many clueless mail admins and/or badly/mis
configured mail servers out there.

The reality is that the RFCs mandate that the null sender envelope
address is one that must be accepted, as there are many tthings smtp
that depend on it.

That said, I really don't care if their server rejects our user
occasional vacation message or not, so it isn't something I even care
about knowing about, other than to tell a user that the reason their
valuable vacation response wasn't received by their VIP customer is
because their VIP customers genius mail admin decided that they didn't
want to receive any of those kinds of emails, so go complain to them if
they want to complain to someone.

Best regards,

Charles