[Dovecot] TLS/SSL for Win8 & Outlook

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Sun May 18 18:46:39 UTC 2014

Am 18.05.2014 20:04, schrieb Sebastian Goodrick:
>> Hi Sebastian, sorry for the delay ,i could not reproduce your
>> problem, speculate you have wrong settings in your server/client
>> setup and/or you have firewall loadbalancers, proxies between
>> server and client which fail with some ciphers
>
> Thank you once more, Robert.
> I can exclude firewalls, loadbalancers and proxies. The client is set
> up from scratch plus there are seven existing Win8 installations, so I
> should say, it's not the client.

please double check this i.e your dove server is hosted elsewhere
and the hoster hast some firewall/loadbalancer you dont know, use
wireshark etc to trace traffic, or just use only virtual client and
server on the same virtual private network for testing

> I upgraded to dovecot 2.2.12 and openssl 1.0.1h (as shipped with
> Debian Jessie but installed on Wheezy). I'm using your settings for
> the ssl config. Openssl connect shows the same output as on your system.
> Still the same problem with Win8 though.

as written no problem here, i dont know if debian does something else
with openssl then ubuntu, but i guess not
only for testing i advice using plain mech at login dove, double check
your outlook settings

> I have just bought a rapidssl cert and will report back once I have
> received and installed it.

every "official" up2date ssl crt should work, also dont forget to
include intermediate crt/pem in your ssl dove chain

> Regards, Sebastian

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--