[Dovecot] dovecot auth ldap attributes - unused?

Andreas Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Wed May 21 10:27:34 UTC 2014

Maciej Uhlig:

> Please explain the following dovecot (2.2.13) behaviour: I run dovecot
> in ldap auth debug mode and log file excerpt follows:
>
> filter=(&(objectClass=MailAccount)(accountActive=TRUE)(mail=user at domain))
> fields=mail,quota,mailbox

Hello,

no solution but a comment:

ldap.conf define two ldap queries. pass_filter and user_filter

when debugging authentication I use to change my ldap filter:

pass_filter = (whatever) vs. pass_filter = (|(PASSDB=1)(whatever))
user_filter = (whatever) vs. user_filter = (|(USERDB=1)(whatever))

The result is the same, but the debug log is easier to understand.

Andreas