[Dovecot] Sieve fileinto extension and redirect action

Daniel Parthey d.parthey at metaways.de
Wed May 21 15:49:27 UTC 2014

Hi Emmanuel

Am 21.05.2014 16:04, schrieb FUSTE Emmanuel:
> Is there any way to limit the use of the "redirect" action (local user
> only or silent ignore) as provisioned by the RFC in the Pigeonhole
> implementation?
> The only way I found for the moment is to completely disable the
> fileinto extension which hardly beat the users experience.
> "redirect" is forbidden by my organization policy.

Dovecot injects redirected messages through sendmail or smtp (depending on your config).

You might change the dovecot option "sendmail_path" to something different than sendmail:

before:
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail

after:
sendmail_path = /usr/local/sbin/your-mail-handler

If you are using SMTP, then have a look at dovecot option "submission_host".

Kind regards
Daniel
--
Dipl.-Inf. Daniel Parthey
System Engineer

E-Mail: d.parthey at metaways.de
Web:    http://www.metaways.de

Metaways Infosystems GmbH - Sitz: D-22967 Tremsbüttel
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 4508 AH
Geschäftsführung: Hermann Thaele, Lüder-H.Thaele