[Dovecot] Dovecot pam

Tommy Berglund tommy at fam-berglund.eu
Thu May 22 11:08:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, 21 May 2014, Tommy Berglund wrote:

>> How can I disable passdb { driver = pam }
>> in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/auth-system.conf.ext
>> from file /etc/dovecot/local.conf.
>>
>> I have postfix and dovecot set up to only use virtual users.
>> I'd rather do all the configuration in local.conf if possible.
>>
>> # 2.2.9: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
>> # OS: Linux 3.13.0-24-generic x86_64 Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
> [...]
>>  mailbox Trash {
>>    auto = subscribe
>>    special_use = \Trash
>>  }
>>  prefix =
>> }
>> passdb {
>>  args = scheme=cram-md5 /etc/dovecot/passwd
>>  driver = passwd-file
>> }
>> plugin {
>>  sieve = /vmail/%d/%n/.dovecot.sieve
>>  sieve_dir = /vmail/%d/%n/sieve
>>  sieve_global_path = /vmail/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve
>> }
>
> I don't see any passdb { pam } there.
> Did you reloaded Dovecot?

No, because I have commented out "passdb {driver = pam} " in the file
"/etc/dovecot/conf.d/auth-system.conf.ext"
What I want is to avoid having to make changes to dovecot original
files, just have all the self-configuration in local.config.
I have no real users only virtual users, I do not need to check users
against pam.

Best regards
Tommy