[Dovecot] Copies of outgoing emails in the Sent folder

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri May 23 11:54:02 UTC 2014

Am 23.05.2014 13:25, schrieb Jochen Bern:
> On -10.01.-28163 20:59, Dmitry Podkovyrkin wrote:
>> Yes, it is a solution to this problem. But for a single user. And how
>> can you do it for the entire server?
>
> If I may answer your question with a question: How well does "*our*
> entire (outgoing-)mailserver" translate to "for all e-mails our *users*
> send, including those working at remote locations or with mobile
> devices", assuming that that latter is your actual goal?

how does it matter where the user is and what device he uses?

the user *always must* use the one and only SMTP server
responsible for his domain, especially in times of SPF,
DKIM and DMARC and spoofing protections for incoming mail

anything else is an idiot ignoring the configuration data his
mailprovider gave him supported by a second idiot running a MTA
which allows random envelope-senders and in that case nobody
but the user is responsible for rejected, dropped and lost mails