[Dovecot] Plugin mail-filter tangles

Axel Luttgens axel.luttgens at skynet.be
Mon May 26 10:19:27 UTC 2014

Le 26 mai 2014 à 10:54, Stanislas SABATIER a écrit :

> You're right, Postfix is still passing the two CC recipients in one
> LMTP process. I didn't find how to force Postfix to send emails one by
> one… Still digging…
> Anyway, I believe the way Dovecot is handling this case is not the
> right way.

Indeed, there's something wrong somewhere...
But you have to admit you came with quite a convoluted case, and it currently can't be said for sure that Dovecot alone is the culprit.
Hence the exploratory idea to try with "one recipient per message".

Now, from you Postfix setup description, you define dovecotfeed as a unix service:

> dovecotfeed unix -       -       n       -       2       lmtp
>  -o lmtp_send_xforward_command=yes
>  -o lmtp_tls_security_level=may

but the virtual_transport seems to be overriden by a transport_maps query returning an inet thing:

> dovecotfeed:[9.9.9.9]:26

Wouldn't you have another definition for dovecotfeed somewhere else (in which case this could explain the ineffectiveness of '-o lmtp_destination_recipient_limit=1')?

That said, if you currently have a single transport, perhaps could you try to just put

	lmtp_destination_recipient_limit=1

into main.cf for testing purposes (works here as expected on my test machine).

While I'm busy with those config matters, I also noticed:

> service lmtp {
>  inet_listener dovecot_lmtp {
>    address = 10.10.10.10
>    port = 26
>    ssl = yes
>  }
>  process_min_avail = 5
> }

Unless I'm wrong, various recent threads on the Dovecot list tended to indicate that ssl currently doesn't really work with lmtp. Perhaps might it be worth to remove on both sides (Dovecot and Postfix) any setting related to ssl in conjunction with lmtp?

Ok, now going to look further at those filter matters...

Axel