[Dovecot] LDAP: allow pop3, restrict imap

Florian listflo at ricam.oeaw.ac.at
Mon May 26 13:27:48 UTC 2014

Am Montag, 26. Mai 2014, 13:24:35 schrieben Sie:
> Hello,
>
> I have all userdata in a ldapserver. Every user has the right to use pop3.
> There is no explicit attribute allowing that. It's simply possible.
>
> Now I like to add imap. For a starting period I like to restrict, who
> may use imap.
>
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/RestrictAccess mention a solution
> where I could modify ldap pass_filter. But that require an attribute
> "service=pop3"
> to be present in the ldap servers. In my case I have to add it for
> every existing user :-/ No way...

Why not add the attribute to all your users? Simple bash magic, search with
ldapsearch, use the results to create a ldif file with the suitable ldapadd
commands, add it. 5 minutes of work, regardless how many users you have in
your directory.

Florian

--
Florian Tischler