[Dovecot] socket /var/spool/postfix/private/auth not created

Mon May 26 14:21:30 UTC 2014

> Made the changes, so entries in 10-master.conf are now:
>
> ------
> service auth {
>    unix_listener auth-userdb {
>      #mode = 0666
>      #user =
>      #group =
>    }
>
>    # Postfix smtp-auth
>    unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/auth {
>      mode = 0660
>      user = postfix
>      group = postfix
>    }
>    # Auth process is run as this user.
>    #user = $default_internal_user
>
> }
>
> Entries in 10-auth.conf are as follows (ass suggested by another post
> I found.
>
> ------------
> auth_mechanisms = plain login
>
> -----------
>

> Output from dovecot -n
>
> --------------
> # 2.2.9: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
> # OS: Linux 3.13.0-24-generic x86_64 Ubuntu 14.04 LTS ext4
> auth_mechanisms = plain cram-md5
> <snip>
> protocols = imap pop3
> service auth {
>    executable = /usr/lib/dovecot/auth
>    user = root
> }
> service imap-login {
>    chroot = login
>    executable = /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
>    user = dovecot
> }
<snip>

Sorry, but if you make changes to a dovecot config file, and those
changes are not reflected in the doveconf -n output, then you are quite
simply editing the wrong file.

I don't see any evidence of the service auth change you made in that
output, so you are editing the wrong config file(s).

Best regards,

Charles