[Dovecot] SQL passdb, LDAP userdb

Kristof Bajnok bajnokk at niif.hu
Tue May 27 05:27:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

in my current setup, LDAP authentication + userdb works fine.

I'd like to integrate Dovecot with Shibboleth. I have a custom module at
the IdP (*) that inserts short-time tokens to an SQL table at user
authentication, and I want Dovecot to use the token table for passdb but
keep LDAP for storing the userdb (uid, quota, etc)

I thought it was simple as omitting the sql user_query, but I got:
  Warning: mysql: Query failed, retrying: Table 'webmail.users' doesn't
exist
  Error: sql(user at domain,ipaddr): User query failed: Table
'webmail.users' doesn't exist (using built-in default user_query: SELECT
home, uid, gid FROM users WHERE username = '%n' AND domain = '%d')

Do you have any hints how to do this?
Thanks,
Kristof

(*): in SAML there is an Identity Provider that does user
authentication, which is separated from the services